Table Charismata Matters

Monday, July 29, 2013

The Purposes of this Blog


The various purposes of this Blog are to provide resources in order:

1. to persuade Cessationist Christians (in general) that some form of Continuationism is true by providing arguments (or links to arguments) demonstrating it is Biblical and historical. In particular, I'm especially interested in persuading my fellow Calvinists. There are already some notable Calvinists who are continuationists (if not also considering themselves "charismatic"). They include John Piper, Wayne Grudem, Sam Storms, James K. A. Smith, Matt Slick, Vincent Cheung etc.

2. to encourage Christians to believe (and to believe EVEN MORE) for the supernatural and the miraculous in their own lives and in their ministering to others. As well as for them to encourage other Christians to do the same. This will include providing links to resources to continuationist teachings.

3. to give explanations on how Calvinism and continuationism can be compatible through a synthesis of the best of Calvinistic teaching with the best of continuationist teaching.

4. to persuade non-Christians of the reality, goodness and relevance of the Christian God so as to help bring them to saving faith in Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.

5. to help correct the errors, abuses and extremes in the teaching and practice of various continuationist, Charismatic, and Pentecostal movements and/or ministries.

6. To help bridge the gap between Non-Continuationists and Continuationists. Especially between Calvinists who disagree on the issue of continuationism.

7. To foster what Continuationist Calvinist author Sam Storms calls "Convergence." Meaning, the convergence of of Bible & doctrine centered Evangelicals with the Holy Spirit oriented continuationists. In other words, the fuller and more thorough combination of Word & Spirit.

Let me say here that just because I quote or link to a resource doesn't mean I accept everything in it. In fact, I usually won't. I will usually link to it because there are things in the resource I recommend (without recommending everything). Also, I will be linking to or citing works by people who may or may not be Calvinists, and who may or may not be Continuationists. For example, I will often link to the works of Charismatics who are anti-Calvinistic. Or I may link to an author who's Calvinistic and continuationist but whose position on certain topics I would disagree with.


My other blogs:

No comments:

Post a Comment