Table Charismata Matters

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Gary Habermas and Craig Keener Give Two Talks on the Reality of Miracles


The second video below is the original video of this blogpost. I've posted the first video as first because I think it's better than the second.

(link)



Habermas speaks first at 3:40

Keener gives his lecture at 48:20


Keener interviewed by Michael Licona (audio)
http://www.apologetics315.com/2011/04/question-of-miracles-interview-with.html
I highly recommend Licona's interview of Keener. Even more than the video lecture I've posted above.

Links on the Subject of Miracles in the Context of Craig Keener's Recent Book


Gary Habermas' Website: www.garyhabermas.com




2 comments:

  1. Hi AP,

    I was wondering if you could point me to any material regarding the cessationist objection that 1) NT teaches there were people with gifts of miracles 2) people with the gift of miracles don't exist today

    Many thanks,

    (p.s. are you aware of Sam Storms and his writings on these matters?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I'm not that knowledgeable on the finer details of the cessationist vs. continuationist or non-cessationist debate. Though, do I HIGHLY recommend my blog Steve Hays on Cessationism. There I've collected links to Steve's blogs where he interacts with many cessationist arguments. He shows some of the problems in both cessationist and continuationist arguments in a fair, balanced and objective way. Steve is a semi-cessationist still (as far as I know) and does deal with the finer details in those blogs.

      I am aware of Sam Storms position. I've read his book The Beginner's Guide to Spiritual Gifts. I have, but haven't yet read his book Convergence: Spiritual Journeys of a Charismatic Calvinist.

      On another blog, I've listed some other people who, like myself, are or were (before death) Calvinists and continuationists (or nearly so). The blog is titled, List of Notable Calvinists who are also Continuationists.

      Delete